looking for reassurance

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

looking for reassurance

Postby tawny » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:23 am

I had intralase wavefront 6 weeks ago, my prescription was rather strong prescription and astigmatism prior to surgery. Left eye-400-175-145 and right eye-600-175x040. I have very single complication at 6 weeks, halos around every light even during the day, starbursts at night, everything white, metal glows inside or out, ghosting from the television set, even all the papers in my office under the flourescent lights are ghosting. BUT THE WORST THING IS THE BLURRINESS it is affecting my life, I can't work, i can't go shopping all those places have flourescent lights and I cant' see properly, sure my vision on the chargt is 20/25 with both eyes but i have no quality of vision. I am scared it does not seem to be improving.
The surgen has prescribed alphagan drops but they can give eye infections and that is the last thing i want.

Has anyone else had this situation and seen improvements? Is there anything that can be done to fix the blurriness?
tawny

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:37 am

What you may be experiencing is a type of photophobia associated with All-Laser Lasik with the femtosecond laser. On ocassion the process causes extreme light sensitivity, which may present as the symptoms you describe.

Alphagan P may help by reducing the size of your pupils and thereby reducing amount of light traveling through your eye, but the common treatment for Transient Light Sensitivity (TLS) is a series of steroid eye drops.

Ask your doctor if your problem may be related to TLS. He can find a peer-reviewed article on TLS at:

Transient light sensitivity after femtosecond laser flap creation: Clinical findings and management.
Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Volume 32, Issue 1, Pages 91-94
K. Stonecipher, J. Dishler, T. Ignacio, P. Binder

Although steroids help speed the process, TLS will resolve on its own even without treatment. Unfortunately resolution can take many weeks.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby tawny » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:50 am

Thanks so much for your information. I needed to hear that it could clear up on its own. That is the scariest part not knowing.

Thanks
tawny

Return to Just Had It