Blurry Blurry Blurry

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Blurry Blurry Blurry

Postby Midnight » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:24 pm

I had Lasik Surgery on May 24, 2007 and it's difficulty to see at work (I work at a bank) and at home due to the blurriness but outside I can see very clear (why is that)? I have large pupils and at this point that's what my doctor is chalking it up to. From two weeks out to three weeks I've seen virtually no improvement. I have read a number of the posts and I hope it's healing but with no improvement I'm starting to get nervous. Of course, when I went to the one week doctor's appointment I could read the 20/20 line with both eyes and a few of the 20/15 line in my right eye but everything was blurry. When I go shopping it is difficult for my to read all the signs and prices because of the blurriness. Also, the farther away I am to a sign indoors the more blurry it apears and as I walk closer the blurriness fades. I read about those drops that reduce the size of your pupils and wonder if that would help and if I should talk to my doctor next week at my appointment. Thanks!
Midnight

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 pm

You may want to discuss with your doctor if the use of Alphagan P or similar eye drops would be an appropriate method to temporarily reduce the size of your natually dilated pupils while you are healing.

It sounds like you are a little bit myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted). This would be consistent with objects becoming more clear as they are more near, and better vision with reduced pupil size thanks to greater depth of focus. Your doctor may provide a refraction . This early in the healing process your doctor may not normally provide a refraction (which is better, one or two?) to determine if you have any refractive error, especially when you are able to read the Snellen 20/20 line.

Remember that Lasik is often more of a six month process than a 20 Minute Miracle. You are only a few weeks into that process.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Midnight » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:43 pm

Thank you for your input, and I wanted to let you know I'm still having a lot of blurriness inside and I guess what I was trying to say is the blurriness gets better as I get closer to a sign or computer but it's still a little blurry. If I take a piece a paper and hold it the same distance away from me inside and outside I can read it a lot clearer outside in the daylight. Does that mean my blurriness is due to healing? Thanks!
Midnight

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:49 pm

Lower vision quality in low light environments and better vision quality in bright natural light is common during the normal six month Lasik healing period. Actually, it is common without surgery, but often not as noticeable. You probably have even worse vision if the light is exclusively from florescent lights.

A reduction in pupil size increases the depth of focus and limits light to only the center of the cornea where vision is often most accurately corrected.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It