Things to prepare for for PRK post-surgery days

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Things to prepare for for PRK post-surgery days

Postby mmxx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I'm going to have PRK this Thursday and right now am trying to be as prepared as possible to make sure my healing process goes the best it could. My question for those who just did it is, other than loading up audiobooks and music on the iPod, good pair of sunglasses, artificial tears, flaxseed oil, is there anything that you wish you had prepared before surgery but forgot to, that would help with the initial week or two?

I know this is a vague question but just want to throw it out there and learn from the experience... ;)

appreciate any response
mmxx

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:34 pm

It is important to have someone available to assist you with your meds, food preparation, and getting around. It can be tough to read medicine bottles and you don't want to be slicing tomatoes with no depth perception. It's nice to have someone who will be sure you apply the right medication at the right time and does not mind making a sandwich – or calling for take-out.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby ksoldan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:39 am

mmxx

You sound pretty well prepared. I would make sure you have all of the prescriptions filled ahead of time and would bring the pain medication with you to your procedure. I didn't think I would need the pain medication immediately following and I had a rough ride home. I'd also recommend paying as many bills as you can espeically if you pay them online as I do. I felt totally out of commission for a good 2-3 weeks. Books on CD is a great idea and one I wish I had listened to before my procedure.

Can't think of anything else. Good luck to you. I had my procedure at the end of April and am pleased.
ksoldan

Return to Just Had It