9 weeks custom lasik will I need an enchancement?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

9 weeks custom lasik will I need an enchancement?

Postby dan-girls » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:14 pm

I just had my 2 month post op I was -9.50 and 10.00 very very near sighted!!!! My left eye is now -.50 and my right eye (slight some edema) is now -.75. I am also 44 years old. My eye doctor said I might need an enchancement on my right eye. I go back in 2 months for a check up. Will there be anymore improve?? My eye doctor thinks that I will not improve anymore. Glen are enchancements safe? I can see close and still do not need reading glasses. :lol:
dan-girls

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:39 pm

It is reasonable to expect regression back toward the original refractive error considering the very high myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision you had before surgery. Slight regression is not necessarily a bad thing for you.

Because you are age 44 you undoubtedly are experiencing the effects of presbyopia. You needed bifocals or reading glasses to see objects near. You can describe myopia two ways. One is that you can not see things far away very well. The other is that you can see things near very well. Being slightly myopic can delay and/or reduce the need for reading glasses. This will, of course, be at the cost of some distance vision detail.

Rather than enhancement surgery for both eyes, you may want to consider only enhancement surgery for your non-dominant eye and use the monovision approach.

Enhancement surgery has about the same risk as initial surgery with some slight advantages. Your existing flap will be lifted, so a new one does not need to be cut, you will have a relatively small error to correct, and the doctor knows how your corneas respond to the laser energy.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It