2,5 weeks - vision getting worse for every day...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

2,5 weeks - vision getting worse for every day...

Postby Mach III » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Hello from Norway, and thank you for a wonderful forum!
I had my Lasik with Wavefront 2,5 weeks ago, I had -2,75 and -3,00.
The first days after the surgery I saw wonderful sharp, but then my vision gradually was getting worse. Now I had to find my second last glasses, and I see very sharp with them, so I guess my vision is about -2,25/-2,50.
Is this normal? Will you even tell me that it is early in the healing prosess?

Rgds Mach III
Mach III

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:53 pm

It is possible that you have regressed all the way back to your original refractive error, but this does not seem at all likely.

If you are under age 40, the natural crystalline lens within the eye is able to change shape and thereby change focus. The range of change your lens required after surgery is different than before surgery. It may be that your eyes are trying to "focus around" the new vision.

At the next exam ask your doctor if a manifest refraction (which is better, one or two?) is appropriate to determine your current refractive error. Ask also for a cycloplegic refraction. This is the same process, but with the crystalline lens paralyzed so it cannot focus around the refractive error.

Be sure to let us know what the doctor has to say.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Mach III » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:49 pm

Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell my age, witch is indeed an important factor in these cases. And I am under the age of 40, but only with 2 weeks..:).
Is there any other cases where the vision has gone from good to bad to better again?

Mach III
Mach III

Postby JPD » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:20 am

Mach III wrote:Is there any other cases where the vision has gone from good to bad to better again?

Mach III

Mine did that, it was due to dryness. But it regressed back nowhere near to my original prescription.
JPD

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:24 am

Mach III wrote:I am under the age of 40, but only with 2 weeks..:)

Early Happy Birthday!

See our article on Lasik Eye Strain for details and greater understanding of what your eyes are going through.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Mach III » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Maybe I overreacted a little bit in my first post, and I think maybe my vision has improved the last days, but I sure miss the supersharp vision I had straight after the operation. I have now tested some online snellen charts, and it seems that I have about 20/25 on my left and 20/30 on my right. In diopters this would be around -0.50/-0.75? But I feel it is a bit strange that I still can see 20/15 on both eyes wearing my old glasses.
Anyway, maybe it still is a chance for improving, I guess I am suffering of the most common problem after Lasik; Dryness. Expecial my left eye is hard to get open in the morning, but after the moisturising drops I feel that the vision is better in the morning than the afternoon, just like many other reports. So I guess I still have to wait and see if I can improve further.

Rgds Mach III
Mach III

Postby Mach III » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:02 pm

Ok, a little update. Its now been 4 weeks seens my operation, and today I could almost read 20/20 on my left eye and 20/25 on my right. I guess this is not so bad, even though last weekend my vision was only 20/30 and 20/60 (it was very blurry!), but I guess it only shows that my vision variates over the days probably due to dryness and svelling?
I still hope the vision on my right eye could improve a little bit, I guess I just have to wait and see.

Mach III
Mach III

Return to Just Had It