burning, itchy eye

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

burning, itchy eye

Postby dede » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:23 pm

I just had Lasik with Intralase 5 days ago. The first day postop was fine, 20/20 vision (even with monovision). However, I have noticed that one eye is itchy and has a slight burning sensation while the other eye is perfectly fine.

The itchy eye also sees halos at night. Artificial tears does not really do much to relieve it although the nighttime gels seem to help. Is this normal and why is it affecting one eye more than another?

Thanks

Dede
dede

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:40 pm

The symptoms you describe can be caused by something as relatively common as Lasik induced temporary dry eye, or something much more serious. You should contact your eye doctor at your earliest convenience and request an examination.

Be sure that you are using preservative-free artificial tears. See our article on Lasik dry eye treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

burning itchy eyes

Postby dede » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks for your response. I doused my eye with two vials of artificial tears to wash my eyes out and the burning sensation has disappeared. I think maybe some thing was in that eye because my eye is now more comfortable.

I have my 1 week post-op appointment with my regular optometrist this Monday and will bring this up with my doctor if the itchiness persists.

However, I am pleased with the results so far.
dede

Return to Just Had It