late 4 month update

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

late 4 month update

Postby jclark104 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Hello all!

Sorry about the delay in my postings but things have been very hectic my way. I recently saw the doctor for a 4 month follow up and things are looking good. My vision is NEAR 20/10 combined. My left eye is a little behind at 20/25ish. The health of the eyes are excellent with just a touch of residual dryness which is also affecting my vision slightly. The doctor thinks an enhancement will be in order for my left eye but I may hold off.

I recently also saw my regular eye doctor who prescribed glasses to me for both eyes. This next bit is for Glen... Is it a problem to have 20/20 or better vision and still have glasses? When I put them on I notice an instant improvment and will mostly use them for night time driving and to pass departmental required medical exams. Further more, will wearing the glasses have any effect on my uncorrected vision I am having with Lasik, such as any type of regression?

Thanks for the help, and more information is to come!
jclark104

Re: late 4 month update

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:35 am

jclark104 wrote:Is it a problem to have 20/20 or better vision and still have glasses?
Not at all. You may naturally have better than 20/20 vision, which is "normal" vision measured with recognizable black letters on a white background in a controlled light environment. If you see improvement with glasses, then all the better for you.

jclark104 wrote:Further more, will wearing the glasses have any effect on my uncorrected vision I am having with Lasik, such as any type of regression?
The Lasik results will be the same whether you wear glasses or not.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

How can you correct 20-20???

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:29 am

I am puzzled also, what kind of prescription did you get to improve on 20-20. Do you have the numbers on the prescription. Was it just to tweak the astigmitism or was it the sphere..etc.....I am curious....I am in the same boat......Bob K

"Let the Sun shine, let the sun shine"
Mr.UnPerfect

Postby jclark104 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 pm

I do not have the prescription for the glasses. I can say that it is an improvment in sharpness more than anything. In the light it helps a little but in the dark it is GREAT to have the vision with the glasses. They do hurt my head a bit as I'm not used to them, I'm assuming this is a little normal for new glasses? I've worn them a total of maybe 30 minutes.
jclark104

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:46 am

A little bit of change in image size may occur with your new glasses. This can give a feeling of general "weirdness" vision. Verify with your optician that the lenses are the correct power with astigmatic correction at the correct meridian and properly centered to your eyes.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago