Enhance one eye or both

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Enhance one eye or both

Postby allfornat » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:23 am

I am wondering...I have about 20/30 vision in both eyes. Can see without glasses but not crispy. Cannot read the tv guide on tv, see people's faces at a distance and read signs until it is too late. I am scheduled or an enhancement next week. Would getting one eye done instead of both result in something similar to the monovision? I can read perfectly at the moment but I am 40 and they said I would need reading glasses soon. If I only adjust one eye to be perfect (hopefully) and then the other is a little blurry at a distance will that reduce my need for reading glasses in the future? Thanks
allfornat

Postby yawny » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:09 am

I think the answer to this is probably yes. You will loose some of that close up vision if you adjust them both for far away, and you can probably never get that back. It sure wouldn't hurt to try it, and if you don't like the results , you can always have that eye redone later on. I only had one eye done initially, because I am 57, and I need the close up vision for work related activities. If I had had them both done, I wouldn't be able to check my cell phone, put on make up easily, read my watch, etc., because when I close my close up eye and just use the corrected one, the close up is not good at all. I would discuss it with your doctor, but it is certainly a good option.
yawny

Return to Had It A While Ago