Longsighted after Lasik

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Longsighted after Lasik

Postby maggie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:12 pm

Had my Lasik wavefront 1 month ago and have been suffering headaches for about 3 weeks now. Had my 4 week check up and was told my eyes were healing well and had 20/20 with both eyes combined and that my surgery had nothing to do with my headache (which i know is untrue). Went back to my regular eye doc who now tells me that i am +50 and +75 and am now longsighted, is this the cause for my headache.
thanks for any advice
maggie

Postby rosecmd » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Maggie, sorry about your results. I too, was overcorrected into farsightedness (+.75 in one eye and closer to +1.0) in the other. I will have a second surgery in three months or so to correct it. You are only at one month. So, give it a few more months. Take ibuprofin or whatever you take for headaches, and get yourself some temporary prescription glasses to correct your induced new refractive error. Unfortunately, being farsighted (or longsighted as you call it) is no fun. It's a huge strain on your eyes. You may regress some, but it's still too early to tell. For more information, see my recent post called "2 month update" -- fellow forum member Judy and I are in the same boat as you. We are also over 45 and presbyopic, so we have that to contend with also.
rosecmd

Return to Had It A While Ago