Got my eyes crossed?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Got my eyes crossed?

Postby petalpunk » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:21 am

I was left eyed, and told the Dr. so before lasik. He checked this out and, told me I was right. I'm also left handed, left eared and was left eyed. I had been using monovision contacts for several years, left for distant, right for close up. I'm 52 so I do have old eyes. We decided the Dr. and I to go with monovision lasik. He said he would do left eye for distance, right eye for close. Well after lasik, realized that , he did the opposite, right for distance, left eye close. When I went for follow up and brought this to his attention, it just seemed like to him it was know big deal. Anyway, I ended up having to get one contact lense for close vision left eye, and right eye is O.K. for distance. It seemed like that after I said something about doing the wrong thing to the wrong eye, that he could wait to get rid of me. Has this ever happen to anyone else?
petalpunk

Postby petalpunk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:14 am

I found the answer to my own question. It does matter, and that answers more questions.
petalpunk

Return to Had It A While Ago