Astig 0.5 on left eye 5 months after Intralase

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Astig 0.5 on left eye 5 months after Intralase

Postby wbk » Mon May 05, 2008 2:58 am

5 months after the Intralase operation, I still have astig of 0.5 on my weaker eye and this has severed my vision, especially at night. Anyone experienced this and went for an enhancement? I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor this week to review my option, and hopefully someone here can provide some opinions.

Thanks.
wbk

Postby croanster » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi there – I’m in a similar situation to you. Best guess my script is in the vicinity of -0.25 with -0.75 astig. Night vision is terrible! Daytime ok. My surgeon wasn’t interested in doing an enhancement for that level of correction. He said that I can see better than 20/20 (in the daytime in his office under perfect conditions) and he wouldn’t do an enhancement when I can see 20/20 already.

Funny thing is I could see better than 20/20 before I had lasik – didn’t stop him before he had my money... (not particularly constructive just starting to get bitter and twisted the longer this go’s on..)

As I understand it, if you can be corrected to a point that makes you happy with glasses theirs a chance an enhancement can get you there as well. If not, don’t bother. Also i believe its not quite as accurate as you would hope for smaller corrections so discuss it thoroughly with your doc and please let us know how it go’s! Good luck!
croanster

Postby DryEye » Mon May 05, 2008 5:35 pm

I was left with residual astigmatism around 1 diopter
The machine made me slightly hyperopic along with leaving me some aberrations (probably poor choice of surgeon)
I visited with a TOP surgeon last year and was told it can be done
I plan on visiting with him again this summer to decide
I would advise to seek out one of the best surgeons in the field (one is on this site in Kansas). That way you will get the best information and be able to make a better decision.
The dry eye that I experienced the first go around was brutal, so I haven't been in a rush to go in there, but it is annoying at times.
DryEye

Postby wbk » Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 am

Thanks for the sharing. I met my LASIK doctor on Wednesday. Examination shows that I have residual 0.5 astig and 0.25 nearsight. I am not sure why my nearsightedness has increased, maybe I have been looking at computer for long hour for the last two months. Anyway, he will meet me again in 3 months time to see whether I want to go for enhancement.
wbk

Return to Had It A While Ago