Too small for an enhancement?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Too small for an enhancement?

Postby catnmus » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:20 pm

I had Epi-Lasik in Jan (left eye) and March (right eye). I'm not extremely happy with the result, but I'm wondering if it's really too small to consider having an enhancement. Here's where I am (I forget which eye is which)

#1: -0.50 with 0.50 astigmatism
#2: -0.25 with 0.75 astigmatism

Overall, my eyesight is 20/25, although each eye individually is less than 20/25.

My eye doctor said that most people with this small of a prescription don't ever do anything about it - not even glasses! But I just had a class for 2 weeks and trying to read the projected image was very difficult - I had to squint a lot. Reading fast-food menu boards is another difficulty. But maybe the risk of complications isn't worth it. What I'm wondering is, has anyone else considered an enhancement for this small correction, and if so, how did the enhancement turn out? Or, what's the smallest enhancement that doctors consider worthwhile to do?
catnmus

Postby BAM17 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi Catnmus,
I'm left with -.75 left, and -.25 right. At this time, I'm not going for an enhancement. I got a pair of glasses to use at night...and for fast food menus (I know exactly what you mean!). See the post right before this one...and read what Rosemd wrote....it may help with your decision.

BAM
BAM17

Return to Had It A While Ago