13 months after PRK, exam today

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

13 months after PRK, exam today

Postby kschueleraugsburg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello everyone!

Just a few minutes ago, I came back from my "1 year post op", which is actually 13 months and 2 weeks in my case. I've poste a number of things in the "just had it" portion of the forum, so feel free to read through my posts.

Bottom line today:
Vision is GREAT, I am still 20/15 with both eyes individually and also both eyes together. Close-up vision is a straight 20/20, they had me read a chart at 15 inches for that portion of the test.

All in all this has been a big success for me. PRK was the right choice in my case, and I feel more confident than ever that this was the best route to take. I use lubricant drops as needed, which is anywhere from 1x to 6x per week. It's mostly a comfort thing, as I have some redness in the eyes on some mornings (this was already the case before the op).

Thanks to everyone in this forum for putting so much information in one place. Also a big thank you for the makers of this forum, it's the best place for information on the subject.

Take care!

K
kschueleraugsburg

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:48 am

Thank you for your kind words and congratulations on your PRK success. You have an exceptional result.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago