Anyone had LasEk?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Anyone had LasEk?

Postby Col » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:14 pm

Has anyone had custom LasEk recently? I just had surgery 10/10 and was wondering how long it took for people to be able to see clearly again.
Col

Postby 3lix0r » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi Col,

It took me about 3 weeks before I felt comfortable especially at work.
You'll have to give it some time, someone just removed layers of cells from your eyes

Cheers
3lix0r

Postby Col » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Hello

Thanks for replying. On the one had I can now drive without glasses or contacts but the trade off has been reading and computer use. Hopefully during the next few weeks I will see, ha ha, some improvement. I was in the middle of a good book prior to having the surgery and can't wait to get back to reading it!
Col

Postby 3lix0r » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Sorry col.
I had lasIK, I read your post too quickly.
I would refer to Glenn's other post to your question.

Sorry for the confusion
3lix0r

Re: Anyone had LasEk?

Postby Olof_LASEK_Sweden » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:53 am

Col wrote:Has anyone had custom LasEk recently? I just had surgery 10/10 and was wondering how long it took for people to be able to see clearly again.

Hi Col!
I had LASEK in the end of March. Weeks 3-5 were my "worry weeks" where, although I achived 20/40, it seemed I wasnt healing so quickly and a lot of people posting were healing faster. Week 6 is when the healing really took off. At 3 months I was around 20/14 combined.

Today I am 20/13 combined ( L 20/20 and R 20/14 ). I had my 2nd post op appt a month ago, 6 months after the operation. My vision had improved a little since the 3 month mark.

If your case is like mine, you are inside the psychologically most challenging period. No matter if you read on forums about patience, the worry will be there. All I can say is patience and take comfort in the stories from others. Keep us posted :)
Olof_LASEK_Sweden

Return to Had It A While Ago