What is epithelial hyperplasia ?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

What is epithelial hyperplasia ?

Postby Ali » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:22 pm

I had my initial lasek surgury at end of April 2008. I was overcorrected in both eyes from around -5 to around +1.75. On 11th October 2008, I had a cutomise front wave enhancement in both eyes.

My left eye progressed nicely and is now 20/20 albiet with hallows and starburst. My right eye however had 1.75 astigmatism. I was advised to wait, as the eyes are still in the healing process and the cornea shape may change with time.

I saw my Doctor today, and after thorough invistigation, the doctor told me that I have epithelial hyperplasia ?. He told me that nothing to be done now and gave me FLUCON. He added that he will check again in a month time (to make sure it is not epithelial in growth- under the flap).

My question is: what is this epithelial hyperplasia and is it treatable and if so how and what is the long term impact on my vision (if any).

I am not sure if anyone has got similar issue but would be grateful for advise.

Thanks in anticipation.
Ali

Return to Had It A While Ago