Dry eyes resolved

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Dry eyes resolved

Postby ManiG » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Just wanted to share some good news. My post-custom LASIK dry eyes have resolved at about the 4 month mark after the surgery.

I was getting quite worried about it around the 2.5, 3 month mark, as I was putting drops regularly throughout the day and was dealing with a lot of discomfort. My eyes would often feel bone dry watching tv or reading, sometimes even to the point of causing headaches. Friends would comment on me rubbing my eyes or blinking too much during nights out. It basically sucked!

The recovery was actually quite sudden - just 4-5 days ago I was still putting drops. Then, over the weekend, I experienced no dryness whatsoever, and have been good ever since. The cause cannot be environmental, since nothing has changed (still cold & dry as ever up here in Canada). Some of it may be psychological -- I convinced myself to stop stressing out about my eyes until I've reached 6 months post-LASIK. Who knows, maybe a lot of my dry eyes symptoms were cause by stress & anxiety --- about my eyes!

Either way, just wanted to share and perhaps provide some relief to others suffering from dry eye a few months post LASIK -- recovery might just be around the corner. In the meantime, try to relax and not think about it too much - in my case doing so helped a great deal.
ManiG

Some success

Postby lyndas9254 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:52 pm

I have had a rough time with my lasiks since about a year ago. Recently though I have tried the Genteal eye oitment these last 2 months and that has finally given me some relief. With that, I have been able to deal with my dry eyes in a much easier way. Some days are sort of bad and others are pretty decent. Atleast, the best they've been since I have had it done. I also use non-preservative eye drops (Refresh) and that helps too. I recently also tried the Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo to wash my eyelids regularly. All this seems to help control. Good luck....hope my story here helps someone as well.

Candy Bouquet lady
lyndas9254

Postby BlueEyes » Mon May 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Thanks for posting this....I am hoping mine will resolve like yours did, basically overnight. I am at 7 weeks after my Lasik and my eyes are so dry and they burn and sting and are very light sensitive. I know I should expect dry eyes which can last up to 6 months (hopefully no longer than that), but I am getting worried that it hasn't improved much.

Thanks for sharing your good news!!
BlueEyes

Postby BAM17 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:16 am

I've suffered with dry eyes since my Lasik over a year ago. I've recently started using an eye wash called "SteriLid". I use it twice a day. It has really helped me. It's very easy...just a foaming wash that you put on your eyes, leave it for 60 seconds and then wash. Ususally after I use it, I notice that the quality of my tears improves....because the wash clears the glands. I also take fish/flax seed oil tablets daily, and do Restasis drops. I use the Genteal gel at night as well. I also want to assure people, that your dry eye can even improve a year out from Lasik. I still have some bad days...especially days that I'm on the computer a lot...but a good personal regimen can improve your dry eyes. You can also try doing hot compresses...they help get the oil/tear glands flowing. Good luck.
BAM17

Postby JD » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm 10 months out and my dryness fluctuates daily. It doesn't help I'm in So Cal which is a dry, desert environment. Thanks for the rec for the lid wash, I've almost purchased it before but will go ahead and get it today and give it a try.
JD

Thanks to all of you!!!

Postby AllieCat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi everyone...I think I was driving my eye care team at Nationwide Vision crazy...its been 3 months and my eyes are so dry!!! So instead of calling and crying to them, I decided to join this community...such a relief to see that other people have had the same post-op problems.

And I have to tell you, Nationwide has been awesome. So patient and their attention to me after my surgery was exceptional. I am a forever patient.

Thanks guys...hopefully I can post back here with my own good news.
AllieCat

Return to Had It A While Ago