Can Enchancments for Prescription fix High Order Abberations

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Can Enchancments for Prescription fix High Order Abberations

Postby Cactusgod » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm

The subject is pretty much my question.

I feel like some of the discomfort I'm having is due to HOA and I feel like getting the surgery specifically for that MIGHT help, although I tried out a trial lens to see if it had any effect but it didnt seem to. So...I also have a small prescription that needs to be eliminated.

I guess my question then is, since my problems potentially resulted from the healing during the surgery, is it not logical to assume that perhaps getting an enhancement to fix the prescription may also fix certain high order abberation problems just by the nature of surgery? I'm wondering because, the doctors seem to focus on healing and how healing could sometimes be a problem. So, if I healed a certain way, isnt it possible that glasses or contacts could not necessarily fix the problem completely, just to the best of their ability, due to healing problems that could potentially not happen the next time surgery occurs?

Just some thoughts, any ideas?
Cactusgod

Postby PRK_EYES » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:52 am

For me, the answer is Yes.

I didn't know anything on HOA before the surgery.

I am still in recovery state, but what I notice is the extreme clarity
that I never notice before, although I still have a bit of double vision.

For example. I can see details of the light bulb that
I could not before see before the surgery.
PRK_EYES

Postby Cactusgod » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:38 am

So wait, are you saying that you had an enhancement or are you talking about your original surgery?
Cactusgod

Postby PRK_EYES » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:27 am

Sorry, my mistakes. I didn't realize you had your surgery.

My HOA was taken care during the surgery.

Normally, wavefront correction would correct the HOA during the surgery.
I surprised to hear that your surgery didn't.

Most people complained that they had double vision, blurriness, ghosts, halos, starbursts, loss of contrast and poor night vision, but not necessary associate with HOA. Unless, you have your eyes scan with
a wavefront aberrometer, you just can't be sured.
PRK_EYES

Return to Had It A While Ago