Anxiety and Depression from Lasik :(

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Anxiety and Depression from Lasik :(

Postby Still Hoping » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 am

I had lasik almost 4 months ago. I still experience glare, starbursts, poor vision in dim light, and a "caving in" feeling to the left of my left eye. I know I have wrinkles in my flaps, and they are slightly off-centered. I have dizziness every day and now headaches too. I also suffer from dry eye symptoms and a painful foreign object sensation in my left eye. I have now gone into a state of anxiety and depression and am having a very difficult time just living my life. I have seen a therapist, medical doc, second opinion, considering a neurologist, etc.

Has anyone had an experience similar to this? It has totally ruined any sort of normalcy in my life and my children really need their mommy back!
Still Hoping

Re: Anxiety and Depression from Lasik :(

Postby ldulock » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:05 pm

I am 6 mos in and have the same feelings, plus I look nothing like myself before lasik. Eyes were extremely swollen and now my deep set eyelids hang on my lashes. My vision in a room is blurry which makes me nauseated. Fair vision outside when I look far away, but not what it was with hard contacts. Feel at 63 I ruined the rest of my life and paid to do it. No one can explain what happened to me thus the depression. Wish I had read more, just listened to my son who loves his. Good luck on getting better. Linda Dulock:):)
ldulock

Postby kalina » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Could you both mention some details about your procedure? How much did you spend? Did you do your research to find out if the doctor was reputable and has done the procedure thousands of times? I just want to know how many people are having complications because they went to a "LASIK for $1,000" place versus a place that does it right for $4,000+. This would be very informative to the people on this site, I'm sure.
Kalina Isato
kalina

Postby ldulock » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 pm

kalina wrote:Could you both mention some details about your procedure? How much did you spend? Did you do your research to find out if the doctor was reputable and has done the procedure thousands of times? I just want to know how many people are having complications because they went to a "LASIK for $1,000" place versus a place that does it right for $4,000+. This would be very informative to the people on this site, I'm sure.

I went to Dr Boothe in Dallas, paid 3500.00.He has done thousands, its run like a very successful business--employing a multitude of people. My optometrist & ophthalmologist said the surgery was good. Think will start wearing contacts again as I did for 50 yrs, but leary of going thru blephoplasty fearing something could go wrong there also.
ldulock

Return to Had It A While Ago