"Caving in" from the side feeling

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

"Caving in" from the side feeling

Postby Still Hoping » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:51 am

Please tell me if anyone else has experienced this. At my 1-day post-op, I asked my doc, "is this normal to have this "caving in" feeling from the left side? I think he said it was early yet & didn't have an explanation.

I am almost 4 mos post-lasik and, glare & starbursts aside, this is still my biggest complaint (oh, and dizziness and headaches too). It is especially bad indoors or in lower lit situations. In fact, my vision in general is poor in low light.

What could this be from? I've had more than one peripheral field test done & they appear to be normal.
Still Hoping

Re: "Caving in" from the side feeling

Postby dan1966 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:35 pm

I often feel that "caving in" feeling, too. Like yours, mine is also on the left side. Also, like yours it is worse in dim lighting. I had an injury in the left temple area about twenty years ago, which I think makes me more susceptible to unpleasant sensations in that area, but it was never like this prior to the surgery. There are times when I feel like my head is literally going to cave in. When it's particularly bad I don't even care if it does. That's how tired of it I am. If it happens, it happens.

It sounds like your vision is similar to mine. I average about 3 ibuprofens a day to deal with the headaches, which usually are centered around the left temple area. Some days I am free from any pain, but those days are pretty rare, maybe once a week.

I suspect I will brave an enhancement sometime in the future but the thought of paying the same surgeon even more money irritates me. This had nothing to do with the healing since my eyes have changed little if any since day one of the procedure. So I'd be rewarding someone who hadn't done their job properly in the first place.
dan1966

Re: "Caving in" from the side feeling

Postby Still Hoping » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 am

I had (still have) too many problems with the healing process (dry eyes, pain, sensitive nerves) to seriously consider ever having an enhancement. But I also hate to think of living the rest of my life this way. Not sure what I'll do... Best of luck to you!
Still Hoping

Return to Had It A While Ago