Does POOR VISION IN DIM LIGHT improve with time?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Does POOR VISION IN DIM LIGHT improve with time?

Postby Still Hoping » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:11 am

I had my lasik 9 months ago, and among other complaints, my vision in dim or even indoor lighting is not good. I'm wondering if anyone has had this improve over time?? None of my other issues (starbursts, glare, etc.) have improved. In fact, I'd almost say they've gotten worse. Still have soreness and foreign object sensation in one eye as well :(
Anyway, back to my original question. Can I expect any improvement after this long?
Still Hoping

Re: Does POOR VISION IN DIM LIGHT improve with time?

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 am

The potential for improvement would depend upon the reason for your poor vision at night. Your symptoms sound like you have a small amount of residual refractive error. It is not likely that refractive error will spontaneously resolve. You could ware glasses at night or consider enhancement surgery to resolve residual refractive error, if that is what is the problem. To what does your surgeon attribute the vision limitation?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: Does POOR VISION IN DIM LIGHT improve with time?

Postby Still Hoping » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm

He doesn't have answers for several of the problems I am experiencing. But since he didn't note in my chart the size of my dilated pupils prior to surgery, coupled with the fact that my incision is off-centered, my research leads me to believe that it has to do with the dilation crossing the incision. Does this sound reasonable?
Still Hoping

Return to Had It A While Ago