1.5 years later and still frustrated

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

1.5 years later and still frustrated

Postby SeekingAdvice » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello,

I'm 35 and it's been a year and a half since I've had LASIK. Prior to that I was -6 on both eyes with some minor astigmatism. Post surgery I was 20/20 with initial slight farsightedness which since has reduced to minor nearsightedness. One thing that remained since day one is weakeness in my right eye. The vision in it is not as sharp as in my left eye but the prescription is supposedly the same (closer to 20/40 at this point). Squinting doesn't really improve vision too much. Occasionally though, with increased frequency (recently on weekly basis), my left (good) eye is becoming blurry as well. On those days I am MISERABLE as both my eyes are very blurry, seem to have focusing issues, feel heavy and even if i'm not tired, they behave as if I were, and want to ... close, as if to go to sleep. Anyone else experiencing that? My lasik doctor blames all these bluriness issues on extensive healing process (can it be THAT long?) and dry eye. I do not feel like I have dry eye. And even though i'm using preservative free drops several times a day, I do not see a difference right after applying them, as some people with dry eye do.
Anyone else out there with similar issues?

At this point I want another opinion. Should it be another lasik doctor or regular eye doctor? I saw a regular eye doctor (non-lasik), a month after my lasik to see what he thought was going on and said there was astigmatism and farsightedness, but other than that didn't notice any problems with the eyes.
Are there any specific tests I should ask the doctor to perform to try to figure out what's causing this condition and how to improve it?

Thanks - still frustrated.
SeekingAdvice

Re: 1.5 years later and still frustrated

Postby PRKorIntacs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:19 am

Find out what your prescription currently is. Can you see well from near without glasses? Have you considered getting a thin pair of glasses while deciding if you want an enhancement or just leave things well enough alone and enjoy your greatly improved vision and reduced dependancy on glasses?
PRKorIntacs

Return to Had It A While Ago