15 years later

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

15 years later

Postby Longtimepast » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:54 pm

I had lasik in June of 1995 when I was 42 yrs old. It was not approved by the FDA at that point, there was little information about it, and RK was still the main type of RS being performed. So why not do it. My eyesight was -4 with -2 astigmatism. That amount of astigmatism being fairly high. Fortunately everything came out OK and I have not needed glasses for the past 15 years. It took about 6 months for my eyesight to completely stabilize, but since then there have been no changes. I do see my eye doctor every year. I did start noticing floaters after having lasik. I did not even know there was such a thing as floaters before having lasik, so that was a bit of a suprise. The floaters are not a problem and they have also not changed. So I did achieve my original goal. I can still wear whatever sunglasses I want.
Longtimepast

Re: 15 years later

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks for the 15-year report! Excellent result. Please report back anytime.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: 15 years later

Postby vitaliny » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:12 pm

This is the first time I hear a report from a person that had a surgery 15 years ago. Well, it's kinda encouraging.

However, what will happen in 20 years? 25? Excuse me for being skeptical, but I've read many researches about it, most of them are doubtful about success of such surgeries in a long run
vitaliny

Return to Had It A While Ago