Had it 41/2 years ago

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Had it 41/2 years ago

Postby strman » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:40 am

I had Intralase 4 1/2 years ago. It's been pure misery ever since. My tear ducts were destroyed and never recovered. It took a full year before they could do enhancement in my left eye. It took two years before the eye socket pain was tolerable. I wore glasses the first year just to be able to drive but I could not drive at all at night. The light swirls were horrible. After enhancement on my left eye, I could read stuff at a distance but still have horrible lighting problems and my right eye has never recovered. They had me taking Predfort for a year and now I have cataracts in both eyes so they tell me I can't get enhancement in my right eye.
As far as I'm concerned, intralase is a complete fraud and a dangerous one at that. All of the people that I know that are happy with lasik, did the blade type. I don't know anybody who has done Intralase who is happy. Save your money and save your eyes!
strman

Re: Had it 41/2 years ago

Postby ArizonaGuy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 am

I wish that I had words of comfort or advice. You might consider a second and even a third opinion from another expert ophthalmologist in your area.

I mainly I wanted to add my opinion of intralase - I've had no serious complications since my LASIK procedure in January 2010. I did have a corneal abrasion in May - no clue how it happened and I discovered how unpleasant that can be in a dry airplane cabin for 8 hours - I do have occasional problems with night vision - always one eye or the other - but some nights are perfect. One eye is just slightly better than the other for distance as well as close. Not expected to have any permanent issues as I keep up with restasis and lubricant drops until one year passes. I honestly forget the drops a lot now but don't seem to have any complications from that either.
ArizonaGuy

Postby strman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Well the fact that you are on restasis and other drops means that you still have problems. Intralase has destroyed the nerves for your tear ducts so you will never create enough tears to keep your eyes washed out. Windy days or being in a room with a fan moving air is no doubt causing you to have varying vision and dry eyes. I have found out that this is a life sentence and it gets worse as you age. Good luck...
strman

Postby insomniac1984 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:16 am

Why just problems with intralase, I mean, creation of flap with blade cuts nerves too doesn't it?
insomniac1984

Return to Had It A While Ago