4 1/2 Years then Enhancement

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

4 1/2 Years then Enhancement

Postby movingblur » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:04 pm

I initially had LASIK in Oct, 2006. I was relatively pleased overall but always thought my distance vision could have been better. It continued to annoy me and i coped for awhile by using a contact lens in my near vision eye when I knew I was going to need mostly my distance vision. (My initial surgery was to obtain monovision correction.) Finally, I became bothered enough that I began considering enhancement, so I was only looking at an enhancement for my distance eye. When I finally went back to the surgeon for an exam, I found that my problem was due to astigmatism than had regressed (?) and was significant.

I've had a little trouble with dry eye in my near vision eye, but not the other and I was a little concerned about causing more of a problem in the distance eye. But after considering all the potential problems, I decided to go ahead and after only two days, I am quite pleased. My distance vision is much improved and much better than I ever experienced when I had LASIK originally.

Why did I wait so long? I don't think the correction that would have been required at first would have been significant enough to have an enhancement without the risk of overcorrection.I'll see what happens over the next few weeks, but I don't anticipate any problems.

Just thought I would offer a post from someone who experienced a few problems but seems to have finally worked them out. Of course age is overtaking me so we'll see what that brings.
Debbie
movingblur

Return to Had It A While Ago