New Weaknesses of my eyes

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

New Weaknesses of my eyes

Postby Eye see » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Now that I had PRK, what are the new weaknesses of my eyes?...are my eyes now more susceptible to more injury from impact to the eyes? Are they supposed to be more sensitive to dryness? Etc, etc, etc.
Eye see

Re: New Weaknesses of my eyes

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 am

Normal healing will restore the epithelium, the protective outer layer of cells on the cornea. PRK disturbs the less tissue than Lasik, and much less than would cause weaknees in healthy eyes. During the healing process you may be more light sensitive and your eyes might be more dry, but this is normally resolved with healing. Your eyes should be able to withstand the environment just about the same after PRK/healing as before.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Eye see » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:26 am

But I mean what about weakness OTHERwise? Like structurally. Before PRK, I used to get punched a lot in back room brawls, but healed just fine with no permanent damage to my eyes despite black eyes.

Will/can it be the same, or is the eyeballs a bit more vulnerable or what?
Eye see

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 am

Virtually the same after PRK as before, but discuss your back room activities with your Lasik doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Rickeyes » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:46 am

I don’t think eyes get weaker due to PRK – assuming yours have fully healed after the procedure. Your question would be best answered by a qualified doctor, it doesn’t hurt to schedule a consultation.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Rickeyes

Return to Had It A While Ago