Complictaions from Lasik

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Complictaions from Lasik

Postby ckrueger » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello,

I had Lasik surgery in March 2011, had major pain in right eye right away and then within 2 weeks got a major headache. Went to my regular eye doctor within whom would be doing my check up and not the doctor that performed the surgery. I was having a problem not seeing as good in the right eye as the left and was told to early still in healing process. Told eyes look perfect need to see family doctor. Headache was not going away and flying for vacation in couple of days. Went to family doctor and was told sinus infection gave antibiotic and flew the next day. Felt terrible the entire time. Finished the antibiotic and still having problems. Then around easter in April 2011 out of the blue came down with vertigo symtoms (dizziness, nausea, headache) could not even ride in car with out taken medicine for the symtoms, also could not even look at a computer without feeling these symtoms,looking up into cabinet , seems like any kind of head movement. Went to regular eye doctor and was told needed to see doctor that did the surgery that he could not explain. Went to see doctor that did surgery and was told right away did not come from Lasik surgery sounded like vertigo needed to go see family doctor or ENT but since it was Good Friday could give me a small prescription for the symtoms to get me thru the weekend and needed to see family doctor or ENT. Also told him about the difference in the eyes can see better in left than in right was told the same thing with time. So I went to ENT and was givin another stronger antibiotic which I finished and with the next checkup explained still having same problems was scheduled for CT Scan. Results only showed deviated septum which was told probably had for along time and could do surgery and the only differenece I would see is probabally breathing better. Asked ENT if he thought symtoms could be coming from recent Lasik and of course he would not answer. Said the next step was Neourologist told him let we think it over that I do not like to just go from doctor to doctor. Frustrated went to Chiropractor and he showed me Epliy exercise to do. Have been doing and still having issues. In between all this I have been going to my normal checkup with regular eye doctor and he just keeps saying everything looked fine with my eyes except alittle dryness. Changed my eye drops but still having problems. Frustrated went back to the doctor that did my surgery and he asked what I was doing there and I told him still having issues and I feel it is from my left eye being stronger than the right. Received injury on right eye in 1982 and had to have Laser due to iris torn from retina. I asked him if this is why I am not seeing as clear in right and he said no but can do a test to make you fell better so I had the test and was told showed no problems with retina. So I asked him if I close my right can see great with left but if I close the left the right eye is not as clear. Can see better farsighted with left and nearsighted with right. Was explained it is like a '"All Star Team" the left is "True" all star and the right is an all star but not as good of all star like the left. Not happy with this explanation.

Before having Lasik saw great with my contacts and glasses and just recently due to my age 47 if I was wearing glasses to see close just had to take glasses off. I was told if I did not do monovision would loose some of my nearsight. I tried monovisoin with contacts and my brain could not handle so decided not to do. I did not realize how drastic it would be and boy did I loose my nearsightedness. Which I am starting to handle. But as of today which has been 5 months I am still experiencing vertigo issues had to quit my job and I do not know where to go next. I will be having my 6 month check up in 1 month and hopefully I will get some better answers.

Sometimes when I squint I seem to see better. I also feel that I saw better with my contacts. I was having a very hard time accepting the the decision I made because the fact that I could see great with my contacts. Even to the point that I considered taking anti-depressants that I am glad I never started to take. Trying to accept that this is how I will be seeing from now on. Some days are harder than others to accept. I saw street signs better, did not have halos, starburst, saw tv better and when looking at anything digital has a glare around it, problems seeing in dim light inside and in stores with fluorescent lights. If I go outside do not notice the vertigo problem has bad as inside Need someone to explain this.

My family has suffered also from the way I feel. It is hard to go from a very active person to you could care less if you were alive. But I am getting better just trying to live with this.

Please someone let me know if you think my vertigo problem could be coming from my Lasik surgery.
ckrueger

Re: Complictaions from Lasik

Postby ckrueger » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Glenn,

Can you please help me!!!!
ckrueger

Postby ckrueger » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 pm

I am still waiting for a reply. Is there anyone out there that can help me. Even after my 6 month check up doctor can still not explain why I am having vertigo issues, problem @ computer and dim light problems. Really need to know if maybe an enhancement would help. Starting to get depression symptoms.
ckrueger

Postby Vincent » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:03 pm

ckrueger have you considered posting your story on lasermyeye.com - This is another great forum that is more active than this one so you may get more responses.

Sorry to hear of your complications. You will be in the company of many over at lasermyeye.com
Vincent

Return to Had It A While Ago