How long should refraction be stable for before re-treat

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

How long should refraction be stable for before re-treat

Postby Matt_2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey how long should a persons refraction be stable for before re-treatment. I regressed from -0.5 to -1.25. I am seeing my surgoen again this week it will be 2months since I last saw him and my eyes were -1.25 then. If there the same this week would that be stable enough to have re-treatment?
Matt_2

Re: How long should refraction be stable for before re-treat

Postby Mercy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I was told to wait between 2-3 months. It's the regrowth of the epithelium in addition to the stable readings. Readings are the indicator as to what they need to achieve during the enhancement. Epithelium also has to be cmpletely healed, every layer and smooth, to safely procede with another procedure.
Mercy

Postby susssan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:56 pm

I was told 3 months. Then when I called to reschedule, the vision place TLC told me I had to wait 6 months. :-( It still upsets me to think they told me three months and then insisted on six. why? I don't know. At 6 months they told me it had to be PRK which is what 'they always do for enhancements" I don't believe every TLC center has these policies but since I am under the lifetime agreement, I had to do just that.
susssan

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Much depends upon the nature of the enhancement surgery.

If the target was missed by a large margin and the patient might benefit greatly by an immediate treatment, enhancement surgery may be performed earlier rather than later, with the intent to fine-tune the correction at a later time.

For the most part, waiting 90 days is recommended, however the cornea must have stabilized before the final enhancement surgery and that may take longer.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago