can a person get a second enhancement?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

can a person get a second enhancement?

Postby susssan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:38 pm

first time I had lasik it ended up 15% off the goal and my right eye was -1.50 left eye was supposed to hit -2.0 for monovision but ended up maybe -2.50
I had an enhancement and was told not to expect 20/20 but they would get as close as they could. It was pretty close to 20/20 Then about 18 months later, it was -.50 and I believe it's worse yet now because the glasses I got do not make my vision clear. The left eye is now -3.0

I am thinking of having the left eye corrected for distance, but why bother if my eyes keep regressing.

Any input on regression? Is this normal? I most definitely have astigmatism so everything is blurry. My latest glasses from December aren't strong enough. I made an appointment with a different eye Dr to see what his opinion is. He is also a lasik surgeon. I have a 'lifetime guarantee' from TLC but the second surgery (enhancement) didn't work well since I would bet the eye is at least -1.0
First surgery was wavefront second PRK
If this new Dr says a second enhancement is ok and I would benefit from it, I am very tempted to not go back to where I had the first two surgeries done.

So my thoughts are..... get glasses that work
or get the right eye enchanced again.... is that possible? and would I go where I went or pay a lot of $$ and go to a new Dr
or... get the left eye done for distance at the original surgeon for a reduced price.

it's great to see better but I miss the crisp vision I could get with glasses. I was very dependent on glasses though and it's a bit plus to not have to wear them to function.

hoping someone can help.

susssan
susssan

Re: can a person get a second enhancement?

Postby susssan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 pm

and ...... I had my eyes checked by a new ophthalmologist this week. cataracts. So I will be getting those taken care of over the next two weeks. Could have saved a bundle of money since the lens implants correct vision.
they came on really fast!
Susssan
susssan

Return to Had It A While Ago