Lets talk about Regression..

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Lets talk about Regression..

Postby lex » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:19 pm

I had h-lasik some time ago with reasonable results, far from what i expected.
I have experienced astonishing regression and the eyes are still healthy (nothing wrong with the eyes).
Lately i talked to the doctor about this and the answer was "No, there is no regression in lasik, you are loosing 'accommodation'.."
I started talking to people who had lasik, and found that in average it last 10 years and then they were back with glasses, it is known that they crossed the 40 and they expected to have presbyopia and actually their myopia were back, lower diopter , but it was back.
Well, if there is no regression and the cells are 'burned' (call it vaporized or anything you like), what could explain regression? biomechanic effect? Fluid filling the Gap?
Statistically there is a regression in h-lasik during healing time, and for myopic lasik to some extent.

I wonder if those of you who had it long ago could post your experience about regression?
lex

Return to Had It A While Ago