3.5 months post lasik

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

3.5 months post lasik

Postby chrissy2282 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:57 pm

I'm 3.5 months post lasik. I noticed that starbursts and halos while driving at night are gettting worse. The doctor said my eyes were at 20/40 (I think) I just know it is -0.50 x -0.25 x 180 in one eye and -0.50 x -0.25 x 180 in the other eye. The doc. gave me eyeglass prescription and said the halos and starbursts will go away with the glasses, but they don't. My vision is more crisp, but the starbursts are still really bad. I am starting to get scared of driving at night, but I really have no choice b/c I go to night school and get out at 10pm and it is a 30 min. drive back home.

Does anyone else have issues with starbursts at night?!?

-thanks]
Chrissy
chrissy2282

starburst

Postby knight » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:24 am

Lasik 7 months ago and I have extremely bad starburst.To see the road I have to put my hand up to block on coming car head lights. A white dot on a black back ground on the tv even has a starburst. I am on Restasis eye drops for dry eye and I hope this will help. I also have extreme sensitivity to light. I posted my complications in the just had it forum a few months ago and my complications have not improved. Waiting for dry to clear before deciding on enhancement. I regret having lasik at the dishonest lasik center where I had lasik. Still wearing glasses with much worse vision than before lasik.
knight

Postby DemEyes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:06 pm

I'm sorry for the difficulties both of you are experiencing. Starbursting and halos can be caused by an ablation zone that is smaller than your pupil when it gets larger at night. Have you tried contact lenses with large optical zones?
DemEyes

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:09 pm

Pupil size is one issue to consider when night vision problems occur, but it is not the only issue. Starbursting tends to be related to an irregular surface, such as dry eye. Halos tend to be due to an imbalance of refractive error between the center of the cornea and the edge of the cornea. We have an article where Lasik and pupil size issues are discussed in detail.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago