Ghosting

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Ghosting

Postby mike r » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:35 am

As much as I want to deny this slight issue it still presents itself and does not completely resolve. It COULD be dry eye but im thinking now residual astigmatism. I noticed if I push down on my eye brow it will also clear the ghosting of small white lettering at a distance. I was wondering also if they calibrate your eyes for best vision at 100yds 500yds 50ft or not. Kind of like setting the trajectory of a rifle at a certain range? Traffic headlights at 200yds~ are ok but at distance 1/2 mile a doubling effect is noticed unless I lower my head and look out of top eyebrow area just like tv that eliminates doubling but then the closer headlights become skewed. Its tolerable because everything else seems fine with vision. Oh well just another followup. Just about 30dys.

<Mike R>
mike r

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:32 am

What you describe undoubtedly is astigmatism, whether it is caused by dry eye, exacerbated by dry eye, temporarily or permanently induced by surgery, or residual astigmatism not resolved by surgey. Obviously the cause will help determine if it will resolve on its own.

Tear quantity and quality can be tested to determine if you have dry eye symptoms.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago