Visual Effect at times ??

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Visual Effect at times ??

Postby DryEye » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:05 pm

If I notice something visual similar to wavy almost kaleidoscope (around the bottom edges of my eyes) like after I emerge from sleeping or having my eyes closed for an extended period of time (in the dark) what could that be? I do not believe it is dry eye (since after I install tears i still see it) and none of the doctors I bring it up to seem to know or be concerned? I think it may have something to do with the my eyes first taking in light because it goes away and almost never see it again during the day. What should I do about it?
DryEye

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:15 pm

The most obvious possibility would relate to your pupils restricting after becoming fully dilated in the dark or having eyes closed for a long period of time.

If the doctors who have examined you are not concerned, it does not cause vision problems, the health of you eyes are fine, then you may want to consider this just a natural event.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby DryEye » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:23 pm

I can bring up that possibility to the docs next time I see them.
Are there any tests or suggestions I should have them do that could confirm it or rule out anything serious?

Thanks
DryEye

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:25 pm

The trick will be to duplicate the event in the doctor's office. That may be hard to do.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago