Ghost Image or Double Vision..I need HELP!!

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Ghost Image or Double Vision..I need HELP!!

Postby watchcricket » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:23 am

I am a Software Engineer (age 34) from Michigan, USA.

Question: I had Intralase LASIK surgery in March 2006 and since then I am having problems with both my eyes. After couple of hours working on my computer or

laying a game for about 10 minutes on my PDA phone, I start seeing ghost images!! Like, bright text over dark background or a person's eye or signal lights

at a intersection.

I thought time will solve the problem but it doesn't seem to help!! Will another enhancement surgery (which my doctor is planning to do next month) correct

my problem? Or, will get it more worse? Also, is this common?

Notes:
1. The problem is not with dry eyes becuase eye drops doesn't solve the problem!
2. There is no problem otherwise if I don't work on a computer any given day!!

Thanking you in advance and anticipating an early reply.

Best Regards,
VV
watchcricket

Re: Ghost Image or Double Vision..I need HELP!!

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:19 am

watchcricket wrote:1. The problem is not with dry eyes becuase eye drops doesn't solve the problem!

Dry eyes is not always resolved by artificial tears. If you have a dry eye problem that is related to tear quality, not tear quantity, then the artificial tears may not help at all. Visit our Lasik dry eye article.

watchcricket wrote:2. There is no problem otherwise if I don't work on a computer any given day!!

I think you may have an accommodation, convergence, and pupil dilation issue. When a person looks at something close the eyes respond in several ways. One is that the natural lens within the eye changes shape to change focus. This is accommodation. Another is that the pupils constrict, and yet another is that the two eyes turn nasally (cross-eyed). This is convergence.

What may occur is that after a day of looking at something about 20" away and with little variation, your natural lens gets "stuck" at this focus. When you change the focus to see street lights or even a PDA, your eyes have difficulty changing.

Dry eye, accommodation, convergence, and pupil dilation are all issues that can be evaluated by a competent eyecare physician.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago