Contact lenses after Lasik - When, What kind?

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Contact lenses after Lasik - When, What kind?

Postby movingblur » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:17 am

One more time with a question.

I had lasik (monovision) right at 6 months ago. For a while I thought I had dry eye issues, but after reading the forum postings, I think I might have had a little dry eye, but was mostly impatient with the healing process.

At this point, my vision is pretty good. Very good for close vision and OK for distance vision. I have noticed that my distance vision continues to improve very slowly even at the six month mark.

My question at this point relates to wearing contact lenses. I would like to do that (at least one for my distance vision), but am wondering about what others have found. Would a contact lens inhibit the continued improvement in my distance eye - assuming there's more to come? I don't need a big correction - at my last visit, my distance eye was -.75 and, as I said, I think there has been some slight improvement. I don't want to hurt my chances for more improvement, but would like crisper distance vision NOW.

In my pre-lasik life, I always wore RGP lenses. Is that best or would soft lenses be easier on my eyes?

I appreciate any feedback.

Lasik is definitely a patience teaching experience.
movingblur

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:23 am

Probably the most idea would be a soft lens that provides the maximum amount of oxygen transfer. Which kind, brand, etc. I really wouldn't know.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago