Had P.R.K. 2 weeks ago anyone else having complications

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Had P.R.K. 2 weeks ago anyone else having complications

Postby shannon_5846 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:25 pm

I had P.R.K. on March 17th. My experience has been one that at this time I would never redo. I still can't see enough to drive. 20/40 with glasses in the left eye and no vision in the right eye and an abraisen.
I was told 8-10 days and I would get my vision back. My perscription was -6.75 and -5.50.
They said mild pain for 3 days. I was in significant pain for 10 days. It felt like glass shards being pushed into my eyes. You couldn't open or shut your eyes without pain. There was no way to get away from the pain. I have a pretty could pain tolerence and this was worse than c-section or child labor. I have never experienced pain that you could'nt get a way from.
I was misrepresented with the getting your vision back. My eyes also blurr and have ghoet images.
Is this normal? Is anybody else experiencing these complications?
shannon_5846

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:35 am

What you describe is not exactly "normal", but all your symptoms are known complaints. Fortunately, they are also problems that tend to resolve with healing.

PRK healing and vision recovery is very different than Lasik, and you are obviously having a more difficult than average recovery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago