experiencing more eye boogers

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

experiencing more eye boogers

Postby kev999 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:47 pm

just had my 6 month checkup done last friday, everything's fine, no wrinkles on flaps, 20/15 on both eyes according to their eye chart but i'm pretty sure my right eye is a little bit worse than my left. anyways, i'm experiencing more than usual eye boogers throughout the days. i'm wondering what causes this? can it be the artificial tear i'm using? i'm still using Refresh Tears once every two hours. i asked the doctor did my checkup, he sounded like he wasn't sure either.
kev999

Postby babiesforme » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:27 am

Usually that's due to any type of eye irritation - allergies, infection, cold, something in the eye, overnight dryness- and the artificial tears should wash them away. Maybe you can try a different brand of tears and see if that helps? Even if they are preservative free, your eyes just might not like them. Genteal is another brand - I use them and really like them. Systane, B&L Moisture Eyes are other ones my eye doc recommended. Drugstore.com also lists Tears Naturale and TheraTears.

Diane
babiesforme

Return to Had It A While Ago