Daily Disposable Contacts Post Lasik

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Daily Disposable Contacts Post Lasik

Postby DryEye » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:47 pm

Are there any daily disposable contact lens' that you know of that can be used by post lasik patients? I have read on this board that most people who end up back in contacts go the RGP route, but with all I have been reading about the infection risk with regular contacts I am curious about the daily disposable route.
Also, is there any higher risk to a post lasik patient wearing contacts vs a patient who has never had lasik and wears contacts?
Are there any daily disposables out there that correct HOA's?
Any industry side by side data comparisons?
Thanks
DryEye

Re: Daily Disposable Contacts Post Lasik

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:55 pm

DryEye wrote:Are there any daily disposable contact lens' that you know of that can be used by post lasik patients?

All soft and daily disposable contact lenses may be used by Lasik patients. The only question is which would provide the best fit and comfort.

DryEye wrote:I have read on this board that most people who end up back in contacts go the RGP route,

About the only contact lenses are mentioned on this board is when a patient has a significiant vision problem after Lasik. This sub-group of Lasik patients may benefit from Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) contacts more than soft contacts. Contacts are usually not mentioned because they are no longer needed by the patient.

DryEye wrote:Also, is there any higher risk to a post lasik patient wearing contacts vs a patient who has never had lasik and wears contacts?

I know of no studies that indicate a higher risk of infection or other problems. Fit seems to be the only issue.

DryEye wrote:Are there any daily disposables out there that correct HOA's?

Higher Order Aberrations (HOA) are a system to measure the optics of the eye. HOA do not cause vision changes any more than a yardstick causes the three feet of yarn you are measuring.

Contact lenses can correct some causes of vision aberrations that are measured has HOAs.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago