pink eye after lasik

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

pink eye after lasik

Postby rayvendawn » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:40 am

I had my lasik awhile ago in December and everything has been going smooth. I woke up the other night and both of my eyes were blood red and I had green eye boogers, I knew it was pink eye I have had it manyyy times in the past two years. I used some of the drops prescriped to me by my lasik doctor to keep infections out and it cleared it up the next day.
I am wondering if I should be more worried about having an eye infection now that I've had lasik or if I should continue with the regular treatment I usually get for it.
My regular family doctor doesn't know much about lasik and of course doesn't specialize in eyes so he just prescribes the typical drops.
rayvendawn

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:22 am

Notify your Lasik surgeon of the pink eye (conjunctivitis). Insist on an examination at the earliest convenience. An exam will give you peace of mind and verify that the cornea was not unduly compromised by the conjunctivitis (probably all is fine). The exam will also prepare you for the next occurrence.

If you have a sudden dramatic change in vision, contact your doctor immediately.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Had It A While Ago