Blurry eye

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Blurry eye

Postby chopkin8 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:59 pm

I had my Custom Lasik sugery just this last Friday. I know it has only been two days but I am a little concerned. I was excited yesterday when I woke up and for the most part could see. My left eye is wonderful but my right eye is still blurry. I went in for my post-op exam and he had mentioned that he would have liked so see me a little further along in the healing process. I asked him if I should be concerned and said no. He said the cells have to regenerate and mine are doing so under my cornea. I did also ask about the cell growth under the flap and he said that shouldn't be an issue and does't appear to be at this time. It looks like when you have the wrong perscription of glasses and there is a slight hazing. It does not appear to be due to dry eyes because so far that has been very mild. Should I be concerned at this point? I go back in this Friday for my one week exam. It's a minor annoyance but don't know if I could live with it forever! Thanks!
chopkin8

Postby Indept » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:40 pm

You will see variations for weeks, don't be alarmed at this point. From what I've read in this & other forums, you will get better as time goes on & better after they stop the steroid drops. Stick to what your doctor says to do. Keep your eyes hydrated using preservative free wetting drops.
Indept

Postby chopkin8 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It seems to be getting a LITTLE better. I am just one of those people that panic about everything. And I did do my research and know a few people that have went to the same doctor.
chopkin8

Postby joeyl » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:44 am

tell me about it, i was going nuts for the first week...
its been 1 month for me and i see halos and starbursts, stupid ghosts are still there...sigh
im not sure if its died down...but i hope it will
joeyl

Postby chopkin8 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Mine seems to be getting better as the days have past. It doesn't help when you read these forums and hear about the things that could happen. I also see halos but am hopeful that will go away as the time passes. I could even live with that if I had to. I have noticed my eyes seem to get tired quickly but that is to be expected as well. So far I must say that I am happy I did go through with it. When my left eye clears I will be 100% happy. So far no real problems with dry eye. Just a little but not unbearable!
chopkin8

Postby ToolBoy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 am

Relax, it took me two weeks for one eye to clear, and now both are fine. The process of healing takes about a full year. What is the deal with all the worryin'?

It's not worth getting your eyes fixed if you are going to drop dead in a couple days of a stress attack...
ToolBoy

Return to Just Had It