1 year and 3 months later

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

1 year and 3 months later

Postby Quantum » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Hello,

I had my final checkup somewhere in November. I had some problems before (see this thread). Although the situation certainly improved, the general weird vision of the left eye kept bothering me. I requested a full diagnostic for my last checkup. According to the test results, both of my eyes are now optically correct, i.e. no aberrations: both eyes transfer the light correctly to the retina. According to the doctor, the problem seems to be the processing of the information by my brain which seems impaired. This is not at all odd for the non-dominant eye, and there's nothing that can be done about it.
Every now and then, I get an extremely good vision left (especially long-distance vision), sometimes even better than right. I take it that perhaps in time vision could improve even more. Also, I can temporarily improve the left eye by applying artificial drops (even though we are over a year after treatment). The better vision obtained this way only lasts for about 10 minutes or so.

We are coping here with some weeks of rather unusual cold and dry weather. I felt it in my eyes and yes, I had to apply some drops when it got too bad. Overall, I still feel that night vision is getting better VERY SLOWLY. Typical side-effects like starburst fade away, but I would never have expected that the recovery period would be so long.
Quantum

Postby It's Just Me » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 am

My left eye is still really blurry as well. I had monovision contacts for over a year and it went VERY well, so I did this for my lasik. Not going so well with my left eye at this point. Hope it gets better over time. I noticed the drops imrove my vision temporarily very well too.
It's Just Me

Postby 1970 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I have almost the same problem and have been told that my true prescription is neglibily long sighted +0.2 in both but my "subjective" prescription is -0.75 in each. See my post above.

My vision is certainly telling me that I'm short sighted, but I've been advised that my muscles will eventually relax and I'll have the sight I had with lenses.

Is this plausible?

I'm already 13 months post op.

Return to Had It A While Ago