Question about one eye still bit blurry and near vision poor

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Question about one eye still bit blurry and near vision poor

Postby skenehouse » Mon May 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I had lasik wavefront (all laser) 5 weeks ago on 20th April 2009 and have a question about my left eye which is still a bit blurry with triple ghosting at far/mid distances and very blurry at reading/PC distance. My right eye is good at all distances with a little ghosting which doesn't cause a problem so happy with it so far.
My pre-lasik prescription was:-
L -4.5 sph -1.5 cyl
R -4.25 sph -0.75 cyl

My question is what is causing the blurry left eye? The 3 things I can think of are as follows but is there any way of working out or testing somehow which of these are causing the problem? I have a follow-up at the 5.5 week point shortly, but just wanted to go there with an understanding of what the possible causes are.

1. I'm sure I have astigmatism especially in my left eye.

2. Possibly presbyopia in my left eye (I'm 40 years old).
3. Have possibly been overcorrected to Long-sightedness, and hence the blurry near vision in my left eye.

Many thanks for your advice on this.
Regards,
David
skenehouse

5.5 week check up

Postby skenehouse » Fri May 29, 2009 8:34 am

Update to my post above:-

I've just had a checkup at 5.5 weeks post-op and had a few questions answered.
Thankfully, I haven't been over-corrected in my left eye and the close up blurriness is probably just presbyopia (I am 40), although my right eye hasn't got this problem yet and is clear close-up.

My current prescription is and this is better than I expected so good:-
L -0.25 -0.75
R plano -0.75

I've still got the triple qhosting and glare/halos in my left eye but not really in my right eye even though the astigmatism is the same.

Probably the reason for this extra qhosting is that the optician noticed I had some micro striae in my left eye. Hopefully these will gradually smooth out a bit over time. Any advice on the micro striae would be useful.

Thanks.
skenehouse

5.5 week check up

Postby skenehouse » Fri May 29, 2009 9:05 am

Update to my post above:-

I've just had a checkup at 5.5 weeks post-op and had a few questions answered.
Thankfully, I haven't been over-corrected in my left eye and the close up blurriness is probably just presbyopia (I am 40), although my right eye hasn't got this problem yet and is clear close-up.

My current prescription is and this is better than I expected so good:-
L -0.25 -0.75
R plano -0.75

I've still got the triple qhosting and glare/halos in my left eye but not really in my right eye even though the astigmatism is the same.

Probably the reason for this extra qhosting is that the optician noticed I had some micro striae in my left eye. Hopefully these will gradually smooth out a bit over time. Any advice on the micro striae would be useful.

Thanks.
skenehouse

Occasional days one eye is blurry all day then normal the...

Postby skenehouse » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Question:- I have occasional days when one eye is blurry all day then returns to normal the next day. I am 7 weeks postop and my eyes are reasonably stable in terms of vison nearly every day, just the odd day when one eye doesn't seem to focus sharply. Vision is still quite good just a bit blurry in one eye and in no particular eye.
It may be just the eye is tired or not enough sleep maybe.

Any advice appreciated.
skenehouse

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Tired, sleep, dry eye, normal fluctuation. At seven weeks postop, this kind of ocassional blurred vision is not all that unusual. Report it to your doctor at your next exam, but my bet would be that dry eye or inflammation are the cause.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: 5.5 week check up

Postby davidmartinomalley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 pm

skenehouse wrote:

Thanks.

Hi, I'm not sure if you are still subscribed, but could you update us on your micro striae experience? Did it go away on its own? In what timeframe?

Thanks
davidmartinomalley

Return to Just Had It