9 Days post-op

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

9 Days post-op

Postby tlwilson » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 am

Hi everybody,
I am a 50 year old female who had Wavefront on both eyes 9 days ago. I was pretty myopic (-5.00 in both eyes) with a minimum of astigmatism. I have been somewhat discouraged all week. On my 1 day post-op, the surgeon declared that I was 20/25 in both eyes. It sure didn't seem that clear at home.

I have noticed something that I'm wondering about. When I am outside in the sunshine, my vision does seem like it is just as good as I got with glasses (nearly perfect). When I am inside a building, whether it be home, office or retail stores, there is significant blurring in my right eye. The left eye stays clear, but the right is (I would guess) 20/60 or so.

What is going on?
tlwilson

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:15 pm

It is very early after your wavefront Lasik. Much too early to come to any conclusions about your final outcome.

The low-light environment vision degradation is likely because the outer edges of your cornea are still inflammed from surgery. When your pupils become larger, light passes through this inflamed area and can be "seen" as blurred images.

Report this to your doctor, but expect that this is a part of the normal healing process.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

don't be discouraged.....

Postby AllieCat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Good afternoon Ms. Wilson...hope you are feeling better....
I just wanted to drop you a quick note...I had eye surgery at [redacted] over a month ago and I still experience slight blurring. It is much better than a few weeks ago.

Your eyes are so sensitive and take time to heal and adjust. Be patient...you will be so happy with the results!!

Best of luck to you...

Allie

Note: Link to website of Lasik doctor redacted.
AllieCat

Postby tlwilson » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks so much for your reply and for the encouragement. The last couple of days my vision has really blurred up. I work in an office with fluorescent lighting and I'm on the computer a lot. I put in drops at least every hour, sometimes more, but my eyes still feel dry most of the time.

I have a 30 minute drive home and my eyes were so dry today I could hardly drive. I leave the AC off because the air movement dries them out even more. I had to quick put in drops at a stoplight.

I have tried every preservative-free drop they make and use GenTeal ointment at night. I take flax oil capsules and vitamins. I am not on any medications.

I have a 2 week post-op visit with my doctor tomorrow and I'm going to see if he will put in punctal plugs. I hope he can help.
tlwilson

Return to Just Had It