SUTURES

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

SUTURES

Postby julsjuls » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:16 pm

How good is it to suture the wrinkles if they have tried other ways and 2 months later are still there... are sutures a bad idea or way to fix wrinkles?
julsjuls

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:20 pm

Sutures are not a bad idea if other methods have failed. They can induce small irregularities while they are in, but these irregularities normally resolve after the sutures are removed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

sutures

Postby julsjuls » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:38 am

Thank you glenn also...can you tell me how long sutures are to stay in the eye?
julsjuls

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:27 am

This varies widly from doctor to doctor and from patient to patient. It would be best to discuss this with your surgeon to know what you could expect for your individual needs.

In addition to sutures, consider a reverse geometry rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lens. There are a few doctors who specialize in fitting these to help resolve striae. The idea is to put a bit of added pressure on the center of the cornea to "push out" the wrinkles. This may be an appropriate technique for a very stubborn case.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It