Eye Ointment

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Eye Ointment

Postby tlwilson » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 pm

My doctor suggested I try Genteal Gel at night to alleviate dry eye. I became concerned about persistant blurriness throughout the day and decided to stop the Gel. I noticed definite improvement in comfort and blurriness by stopping it. Genteal Gel is "preservative free in the eye", but I was concerned that the preservatives that are present were bothering my eyes. Always trying to improve things, I thought I should try a try preservative free ointment, so I tried Genteal PM. The PM was even worse. I had horrible vision all day! My eyes were reddish, blurry and dry. Last night I only put in Systane drops and today is a much better day. So it looks like trying different drops and ointments might help certain people. Not everybody reacts to chemicals the same.
tlwilson

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:16 pm

Differnt eye drops is almost always required to get just the right effect. Read our article on Lasik dry eye treatment and see a list of major drops and their primary agents.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It