Alphagan P question

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Alphagan P question

Postby Rock » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Glenn, I have read your post about Alphagan P and the possible benefits from using it. My surgeon gave me a trial bottle and it worked great at eliminating all of my post LASIK glare, with no adverse side effects. My surgeon said he would give me a RX for it. However, I was just told by another doctor that I shouldn't use it. He said my eyes are very healthy, but the pressure is already low. He doesn't like the idea of me using an eye drop that will lower the pressure even more. I wasn't aware that pressure could get to low from using Alphagan? Are there any long term adverse effects from using Alphagan? I was only going to use it at night if I was out and about. I was really excited to find something that FINALLY worked, but now I don't know if I should use it?!
Rock

How long ago did you have lasik?

Postby Anyman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 am

How far back did you have it? How bad is the glare? Any chance of fixing it? There are several posts here about people who discovered they were not fully corrected & had glare get better after an re-do. Caveat Emptor, however....

Also, have you checked the statute of limitations in your area? If the victim of malpractice you may have legal options as well. Nobody should sit still if they were lied to, the victim of malpractice or told they were a good candidate when in fact the opposite is true.
Anyman

Return to Had It A While Ago