Refractive power of artificial tears

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Re: Refractive power of artificial tears

Postby DocH » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:14 pm

tlwilson
We seem to be in the same boat. What is your eye Doc suggesting? (apart from 'just be patient')
DocH

Postby tlwilson » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 am

DocH
My new doctor says that I am undercorrected. He says without further surgery I won't gain any acuity, but with the resolution of the dry eye, things will look brighter.
tlwilson

Postby DocH » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Dear tlwilson
My eye Doc gave me Lacrisert disks to try (you put them under you eye lid and they dissolve in your eye) and my vision has definately improved.
My last script was -1.5 L and -1.75 R but I'm sure it's better now and my day-to-day vision (which is the most important) is better. I've been using them for about 2 1/2 weeks now.
Don't believe your eye tests until you are back to making your own tears!
Hang on in there.
DocH

Postby tlwilson » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:36 pm

DocH,
Thanks for the encouragement. At the present time I wear glassses that are +.75 in the left and -.75 in the right. I'm waiting for the tear production to resume. I have definitely seen how important humidity is to my comfort. My husband and I took a trip to the Nebraska sandhills to visit the various fossil sites and do some hiking in the hills and my eyes were a lot less comfortable. The dry conditions, wind and dust affected both comfort and acuity. Glad to be back home where humidity is about 50%.
tlwilson

Postby DocH » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi tl,
Anything new with you? My vision is still very variable and I don't think I am making tears yet. I have my next check this week...
DocH

Postby tlwilson » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:09 pm

I am finally producing more tears. I don't need to put in drops during the day and am quite comfortable, but my uncorrected distance vision still isn't any better. My glasses give me perfect vision. At some point I will need to decide if I should have an enhancement. I'm not sure if I should or not. The undercorrection in my right eye provides acceptable uncorrected near vision and I don't know if I want to give that up to have a chance at perfect uncorrected distance vision.
tlwilson

Postby DocH » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Dear tl
Do you still get vision enhancement with drops?
I am still 1-2 snellen lines better with a drop
DocH

Postby tlwilson » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:23 am

Hi DocH,
I am now getting minimal improvement with drops. The difference is not nearly as significant as it was early. I have my own eye-chart that I check things out on once in a while. With both eyes together, I can see the 20/20 line, but it isn't clear. I think you could describe it as ghosting. With my glasses, that goes away. Left is 20/15 and right eye is 20/70. If I could just get the hang of monovision, I would be happy. I would also like to stop using Restasis.
tlwilson

Previous

Return to Just Had It