How long healing time will last?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

How long healing time will last?

Postby nemesis63 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi from Turkey Istanbul

Before ask i want to show you all i got.

Theese are my last prescriptions by date.

http://i31.tinypic.com/6jdo39.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2v3fwvk.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/307uclh.jpg

I was using the last precribed glasses (pic 3) since 2003 with no problem.

Hi, i had wavefront lasik on 31.07.2009 (Pls Don't ask why. I know my numbers are not so high)

After the operation i started to use theese drops Flarex (3xday), Tobrex (5xday) and Eyestil (5xday).i come back for checkup one day after. I had 20/20 but last line i mean smallest letters was a little blurry. He changed Flarex with Maxidex (1 drop by every hour) after he looked into my eyes with his machine. Normally all the other patients use Flarex three times a day.

Anyway i used the drops as exactly as discribed for 3 days and come back for another check up. My last doc wasn'T there and another one examinated me. And she said there is a reaction under flap let's wash it. I freaked out a little but done it anyway. She said "We can't know why this happened some patients may have this situation and there was another patient like me. We could fix it by drops but doing it mechanicly will be quicker and stable." Washing the flap was almost same as the lasik operation except the creating flap that is already created and using the laser. She used that metal instrument that they use to lift the flap to move reactions manually with the help of a solution liquid. She washed my two eyes other patient washed one only.

One day later i came back for checkup.She said reaction has gone keep using drops and come back for checkup after 3 days if you want.
I was using the drops like this:
Maxidex (every hour for 2 days, every two hours for 2 days, every three hours for 2 day, 5x1,4x1,3x1,2x1 finish)
Tobrex (5xday for 1 week)
Eyestil (5xday for 1 month)

I couldn'T sleep these three days. My eyes was drying and becoming hot.

After 3 days i went to other check up. She looked and said there is no problem When tell her about sleeping problem she said stop using all eye drops except eyestil. Now i'm using eyestil only for 3 or 4 times a day and my sleeping is fine. I think that other drops were causing the heat. And she called me for regular check up on SEP 01.

Now here is i wan'T to ask:

* I'm having normal sized starbursts (even at the day light ex: On a sunny day when the sunlight falls directly on the cars side mirrors then starbusrt right into my eye) and a little glare. Will they go away? Is there anyone that lost his/her gash effects by the time? Or they forever with me?

* My right eye is a little blurry than the left one. It's noticable only when i close my left eye and try to read something on the far away. Is there anything that time can do about it? Or this is with me forever too?

* Even stoping the other drops i still have a little heat on my eyes. How long this will last?

* My eyes getting tired while driving. Especally sunny days. It's like a have a little light sensivity. This could be caused by dry eye?

* I still couldn't get use to my new vision it's like i forgot to wear my glasses and trying to see. Could this be psychological?

Now you can ask me if there is so much question in your mind why didn't you ask them to your doctor right? I did and she said " ALL OF THEM WILL SETTLE DOWN BY THE TIME". i ask you wıll they?

Btw a bloody dot accured on my left eye after surgery. Dr said it could take one month to dissapear.She said vacuum caused this.Now it's gone.

Here is the pics of my eyes:

3 DAYS AFTER SURGERY (ONE DAY BEFORE WASHING).
http://i26.tinypic.com/263bkv8.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2v3g193.jpg

29.08.2009 FINAL
http://i26.tinypic.com/15qbscl.jpg

If I knew %2 of the side effects of lasik i wouldn'T done it. My doctor didn'T tell me any thing about side effects. He described it like a very very simple thing. I was completely blind before this. Just knowing that the lasik flap never trully heals would be enough for me.

And I wish health from God to all other post-lasik patients. Be strong.

BTW my doctor suggested to use GNC Flax Seed Oil. Regular flax seed oil costs 3$, gnc costs 35$. Is there any difference?
Sorry for bad english.
Last edited by nemesis63 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nemesis63

Re: How long healing time will last?

Postby nemesis63 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Is there anyone ? Please
nemesis63

I suggest a few things

Postby Anyman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:36 am

1) See if you can find another doctor for another opinion. Seems like yours needs help. Don't let this go.

2) Flax seed oil should, in my opinion be the same as long as it is from a reputable source.

3) Consider legal or other action if the surgeon was careless, negligent or worse.
Anyman

Postby Still Hoping » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 am

My eyes looked WAY worse than yours after surgery. It took a good 8-9 weeks before they cleared up completely. I'm still dealing with a ton of other complications, but just try to have patience - it will go away eventually.
Still Hoping

Postby nemesis63 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 am

Tnx for your reply.

What i can't understand is i had such a low numbers like 1,75 and 2.00. Most of the complications usually accure on high numbers like 5.0 and above. I don't understand why this happened to me. Should i sue my surgeon. In my country they are the best. Tons of peaople from other countries coming to my country to have lasik in this clinic.It's like a factory more than a clinic actually.

Still Hoping wrote:My eyes looked WAY worse than yours after surgery. It took a good 8-9 weeks before they cleared up completely. I'm still dealing with a ton of other complications, but just try to have patience - it will go away eventually.

Actually i'm not worried about the appearance of my eyes i'm worried about my complications (Starbursts, glare, undercorrection of my right eye and dry eye) How long should i wait for healing? Will be there any difference? Will be there any decrease?
nemesis63

Postby nemesis63 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

24 days and no change. Is that normal?
nemesis63

Postby emporer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm in a similar (ish) situation, I'm around 55 days into my surgery now and since day 1 have had horrible glare in my right eye (see my thread lower down), my people tell me its not unusual and it will probably die down etc and not to panic. It has probably not gotten much better, if any at all since the beginning. I still get starbursts/halo's etc and it does worry me alot. I have spoken to a few people who have had it done and they can relate to my problems and both said they took a fair bit of time to heal properly, they were both between 6-12 months for the glare and starbursts etc to go away.

Although I am still worried by it all I feel better than I did at 3/4 weeks, my vision fluxuation has practically calmed down and I have consistant vision now with both eyes, the dry eyes seem to be getting better lately too, in fact when i got up this morning my eyes felt fine, normally they are horribly dry in the morning.

I do think patience is the key and to not worry too much at this stage. I'll start to worry at 6 months if my glare is no better. Right now though i'm quite happy apart from the glare.
emporer

Postby nemesis63 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 pm

emporer wrote:I'm in a similar (ish) situation, I'm around 55 days into my surgery now and since day 1 have had horrible glare in my right eye (see my thread lower down), my people tell me its not unusual and it will probably die down etc and not to panic. It has probably not gotten much better, if any at all since the beginning. I still get starbursts/halo's etc and it does worry me alot.

At least you have gash on one eye. I have it on both of them. I would give me left arm to go back in time and not to have lasik. Now this is the biggest regret of my life.
nemesis63

Postby kalina » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:59 am

Could you post a pic of what your eyes look like now? It's been 2 weeks since you posted and to leave readers with the impression that your eyes will always remain that way, with the red gash marks, is not good. I passed my 2 week mark and my eyes look worse than yours but then again I started with a lot more redness in my eyes than you. I intend to update readers every week until the redness is gone.

This is something eye surgeons should make their clients well aware of before performing surgery and if it scares off some people, so be it. It didn't scare me off.
Kalina Isato
kalina

Postby nemesis63 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:54 pm

kalina wrote:Could you post a pic of what your eyes look like now? It's been 2 weeks since you posted and to leave readers with the impression that your eyes will always remain that way, with the red gash marks, is not good. I passed my 2 week mark and my eyes look worse than yours but then again I started with a lot more redness in my eyes than you. I intend to update readers every week until the redness is gone.

This is something eye surgeons should make their clients well aware of before performing surgery and if it scares off some people, so be it. It didn't scare me off.

Sorry for the confusion blood dot is gone now.

29.08.2009 FINAL
http://i26.tinypic.com/15qbscl.jpg
nemesis63

Postby kalina » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Ah, excellent! I'm glad it went away and am hoping for a similar recovery for my eyes, too. I think a lot of the anti-LASIK sites grab onto any tidbit they can find to use against LASIK advocacy groups. I, for one, would like to see a stop to this. That's why I'm documenting my recovery time with pics. I'm very much in the public eye with 17,000 people hitting one of my sites each month, so for them to see me with any kind of "LASIK complications" would be a bad thing. So far, I have nothing but good things to report.

I know that when I get a bruise on my body anywhere, it'll take longer than 2 weeks to completely heal, so I figure why should eyeball surgery recovery be any different.
Kalina Isato
kalina

Postby nemesis63 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:41 am

kalina wrote:Ah, excellent! I'm glad it went away and am hoping for a similar recovery for my eyes, too. I think a lot of the anti-LASIK sites grab onto any tidbit they can find to use against LASIK advocacy groups. I, for one, would like to see a stop to this. That's why I'm documenting my recovery time with pics. I'm very much in the public eye with 17,000 people hitting one of my sites each month, so for them to see me with any kind of "LASIK complications" would be a bad thing. So far, I have nothing but good things to report.

I know that when I get a bruise on my body anywhere, it'll take longer than 2 weeks to completely heal, so I figure why should eyeball surgery recovery be any different.

As i said I'm not worried about how my eyes look like. I'm worried about gash effects and my blurry right eye. Lasik supposed to be increase your life quality but if they don't go away it'll decrease my life quality badly. I was better with my glasses when compared myself with right now. But what happened is happened. There is no turning back now and that's kill me a little. I'm trying to ignore side effect for now but if they persist for good i could do something horrible to that doctor( His eyes may never see again). That's why i'm telling anything about the side effects that i'm carrying right now to my family. It's a very heavy burden to keep as a secret alone.That's why i'm telling my secret to you. There is noone else to share except you.

I don't suggest lasik to anyone. It's like gambling with your eyes not a life saver operation.
nemesis63

Postby Still Hoping » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 am

I am 4 1/2 months out and just want you to know that I also see the same bursting and glare even in daylight, along with other complications like a "caving in" feeling, floaters, poor vision in low light, and dry eye problems. Now I have dizziness and headaches (and anxiety/depression) along with it all and the side effects from those meds are at least as bad as the vision problems. Anyway, I'm finding hope in the above posting about the two people who took 6-12 months for the starbursts to go away. So far mine have not improved at all, but, as my online name says, I'm "Still Hoping". That alone would make me much happier. Can't believe we paid to have this done to ourselves. Best of luck to you...
Still Hoping

Have you considered your legal & other options, "Stillhoping

Postby Anyman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 am

You should become well versed in your legal options & whatever else may enable you to seek a resolution, repair or simple justice. Have you gotten 2nd & 3rd opinions? Researched any lawyers? Considered anything else? Hey, you could even call tony soprano! :) Seriously, don't let this go. Get the care & answers you need. If you were the victim of lies, malpractice or worse then think about your options. Hoping alone isn't enough, You need action, too.
Anyman

Postby nemesis63 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:56 am

Still Hoping wrote:I am 4 1/2 months out and just want you to know that I also see the same bursting and glare even in daylight, along with other complications like a "caving in" feeling, floaters, poor vision in low light, and dry eye problems. Now I have dizziness and headaches (and anxiety/depression) along with it all and the side effects from those meds are at least as bad as the vision problems. Anyway, I'm finding hope in the above posting about the two people who took 6-12 months for the starbursts to go away. So far mine have not improved at all, but, as my online name says, I'm "Still Hoping". That alone would make me much happier. Can't believe we paid to have this done to ourselves. Best of luck to you...

I absolutely agree with you. I can't believe we paid for this s.it but i'm still hoping too thanks to 6 monts post-up patients.As you said they said their gash effect's gone away after 6 moths and this is a big hope support for me.

Sometimes when i look at my old photos which i was wearing my glasses something dies inside of me.

Anyman wrote:You should become well versed in your legal options & whatever else may enable you to seek a resolution, repair or simple justice. Have you gotten 2nd & 3rd opinions? Researched any lawyers? Considered anything else? Hey, you could even call tony soprano! :) Seriously, don't let this go. Get the care & answers you need. If you were the victim of lies, malpractice or worse then think about your options. Hoping alone isn't enough, You need action, too.

I know but some actions will be done unless nothing changes after 3 months.
nemesis63

Next

Return to Just Had It