Light Streaks While Blinking

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Light Streaks While Blinking

Postby KiddDynamite24 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:44 am

Has anyone else experienced light streaks when they blink after LASIK? My LASIK doc says it is your eye lid rubbing against your cornea, and that he himself had them for 4-5 months after his surgery. These are a problem for me in addition to the gigantic starbursts, horrible glare/ghosting, and daytime double vision I have been having. I went to my family eye doctor today who I trust and it was finally her who informed me that I have larger than normal pupils (she said between 6 and 7 mm). This was never brought up to me at any point when consulting with my LASIK doctors. My family eye doctor proscribed Alphagan today to help me with the glaring, and it does help, but it makes my eyes itchy and dry. She also told me that I do have some swelling in my cornea still and some debris behind the flap that could be adding to my problems. She told me they may get better over the next few months, but she suspects that they won't go away completely for me (due to my pupil size). I got off subject there, but anyway, how about those light streaks? I haven't really seen much on this, or them going away at all.
KiddDynamite24

Re: Light Streaks While Blinking

Postby Anyman » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:11 pm

I initially had a tiny amount of this, but that is better. Starbursts are, for me, the real issue. Still present at 2 months post op.

I very strongly suggest you get a full 2nd opinion & do a little legal research. Check the statute of limitations in your area & start researching appropriate atorneys in case you are the victim of true malpractice. I noted a few lawyers who won good cases from a google search. Hope I don't ever need them, but you must protect your rights. Don't let them BS you into thinking you're at fault or stall you until the time to take legal action has passed. Then again, there is also Tony Soprano... :)

In the meanwhile, get a FULL 2nd or even 3rd opinion and don't rest until you know where you stand. What is more important than your eyes?
Anyman

Re: Light Streaks While Blinking

Postby KiddDynamite24 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:15 am

I actually contacted my family eye doctor who is excellent and deals with post-lasik patients from another lasik place (the lasik place she works with does not take my health insurance. She informed me I have larger than normal pupils, which is what I was beginning to suspect after reading everything I have read (unfortunately after surgery). My LASIK doctor NEVER mentioned this to me before the surgery. I only wanted to do it if they thought I was an ideal candidate, and I put my trust in them and that they would inform me if I had a risk that was different from the "normal" LASIK candidate. I have horrible glare, starbursts and halos. They have not gotten any better at the 4 and 1/2 week mark. I have even told my LASIK doctor how when I am driving I will sometimes leave the dome light on or shine my cell phone in my eye (to shrink the pupils). He still has yet to bring this up to me after several follow-up appointments. I have received my records from them, and they have my left eye at 7.2mm, and my right eye at 6.7mm. The optical zone of my surgery is only 6.0mm. I am getting very frustrated, I will be seeking several opinions over the next few weeks. It is very, very difficult to live with. You cannot put it in the back of your mind because everywhere you look you see it.
KiddDynamite24

"My LASIK doctor NEVER mentioned this to me before the surge

Postby Anyman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 am

Ah, the old "we forgot to mention that" even though we had you sign a bazillion waiver forms. Possibly time for some legal or other action perhaps? Sounds fair to me. An eye for eye, perhaps?

I must say, even someone as skeptical as me is floored by the number of people complaining how they are told one thing, yet find something very, very different in their "consent" paperwork. While there is risk in anything, I am struck by the number of instances wherein people aren't told the whole truth or are told only half the story. "Sure..... you're a great candidate". Not.
Anyman

Return to Just Had It