post lasik undercorrection, please answer!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Re: Dry eyes update

Postby DocH » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Saw my eye Doc again (he really is being very good to me)
I am now 11 weeks post lasik.
Still ++ dry eyes even with the lower plugs.
L eye now -1.5, R stable at -1.75.....

He put in temp. upper plugs and gave me a sample of little disposible inserts that you put daily under your lower lid and they slowly swell and dissolve (Lacrisert).
They are a bit difficult to put in and can cause blurryness but last evening I had a whole hour of "wet eyes" and my sight was a bit better so I am encouraged with that, although its back to normal this morning.

He still maintains that my eyes will start to tear naturally, I just seem to one of the few who are slower to generate new nerves than most and as I have great faith in him I will just try and be patient.

I guess I am now close to the 3 month mark and should perhaps change to the 'had it a while ago' forum, especially as my title is not really relavent any more.
As my R eye started at -1.75 and still is, I guess I have answered my own question as well!
DocH

Re: Results!

Postby DocH » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Well, I'm not sure if it is the triple wammy of upper plugs, lower plugs and these Lacriset thingies but my sight in my L eye has improved! It's better both day-to day sight and a whole Snellen line!!
Will continue to post results.
It's been 3-months today since my surgery
DocH

Re: Dry eyes

Postby DocH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Dear All,
I am moving this saga to the 'had it a while ago' forum under 'Dry eyes and vision'
See you all there!
DocH

Previous

Return to Just Had It