9 months post Lasik some days good some bad

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

9 months post Lasik some days good some bad

Postby chliansh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:04 am

Hello, been trying to get on this board for months and today it finally worked!!!

I was a +5.75/1.25 L and +4.75/2 R before and now I am a +1.5/1 L and a +2.75/1.75 R after LASIK intralase. And it took them 7 months to give me a prescription for glasses.

My right is my dominate eye and as luck would have it results turned out worse post op then my left for which I barely use because it could never be corrected to 20/20

Some days I look out at distant things and I am amazed but at least half the time its blurry with ghosting, street signs on the freeway are impossible to read and I have to get my face right up to the shelf at the store to see prices. The doctors explanation is over worked eyes still trying to adj., I don’t buy that. I feel like when my vision is blurry I have irregular astigmatism in my right eye, maybe corneal irregularity?

At this time I am looking for others that had lasik to see if anyone else has had similar problems or suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any help
Chad
chliansh

Re: 9 months post Lasik some days good some bad

Postby chliansh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:14 am

One more thing, each time I go in for a checkup (monthly) the put me on the wavefront scan machine and it will not read my right eye. Does anyone know what causes you to be out of range so it can not get a reading. I have made mention pointing this out at my visits that this is the eye I am having trouble with but they always brush it off as no big deal? The last time I was there the wavefront scan machine rep was in the office and tried several things and could not get a reading.

I feel like they know more then they are telling me
chliansh

Re: 9 months post Lasik some days good some bad

Postby chliansh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:32 am

OK just read a couple hundred more threads on this site and now have another question.

"Irregular astigmatism and higher order aberrations"
If this was problem would I see dramatic changes from good to bad weekly or monthly?
chliansh

Return to Had It A While Ago